South Florida Sun-Sentinel
April 28, 2008
New Orleans - The Coast Guard has called off the search for two Cubans
who were trying to cross the Gulf of Mexico in a raft.
Coast Guard Lt. Anastacia Visneski says the search ended Saturday night
The two missing Cubans were among 12 attempting the crossing. Two died
and eight were receiving medical treatment.
The Coast Guard says a report was received late Friday from a tanker
ship that the raft had been spotted. A Coast Guard cutter was diverted
to the scene.
An Air Force helicopter from a Florida base took six of the survivors to
a New Orleans hospital. The survivors are in stable condition.
Post a Comment